We appreciate your interest in joining the Canadian Society for Quality! We are a society of Canadian quality professionals dedicated to the advancement of quality across all types of business and every industry.
CSQ has two basic types of membership for individuals: regular and student. If you or your organization are interested in a corporate membership, please click here for more information.
We accept members from all kinds of sectors, so you can apply and become a member regardless of what your specific job is, or how large your workplace is. Innovation and achieving quality are CSQ’s top priorities, and we know these ideas are applicable to every field.
So become a member today and help quality grow in Canada.
Your membership dues help promote quality in Canada, but they also entitle you to some exclusive benefits:
- An account on our site, which grants you access to on-site materials, newsletters, and research.
- Discounts on CSQ services and products, such as conferences, workshops, webinars, and book sales.
- A complimentary subscription to our upcoming newsletter and print magazine.
- Access to upcoming online features, such as our online community and forum.
- An opportunity to help shape how CSQ grows, and notice of leadership positions as they become available.
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with other members.
- Career building and advancement via our upcoming online employment connection service.
- Voting right in CSQ’s elections and selected forums.
Some of these services are available now, and some of them are being actively developed and will be available soon. We expect to add even more benefits for members as time goes on.
Pick your membership type. Most of our members will want to choose regular membership, but those members currently enrolled in a university program can opt for a student membership.
|Student||$10.00 per Year.||Select|
|Regular||$50.00 per Year.||Select|
|Regular Non-Recurring||$50.00 now.||Select|
Notice for Student Members: student members must provide us proof of their student status. The best way to do this is to email us a picture of your current, valid student id card, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you may mail a photocopy of your student card to 71 Lafayette Bay, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, R3T 3J9. We reserve the right to revoke the membership of any student that does not provide proof of their status, without warning or refund.
If you prefer to mail in your registration, you can download our mail in form here.
Note: you can pay your membership dues by cheque if you prefer. Cheques should be payable to “Canadian Society for Quality”, and should be should be mailed to: 71 Lafayette Bay, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, R3T 3J9.
Note: your membership will become effective upon receipt of payment, and will be valid for one year from the date of activation. Memberships are non-transferable.
Thanks for joining CSQ!
Application for Advancement to Senior Member
To advance to Senior member status, the applicant must meet these conditions:
- Be a CSQ member in good standing for at least five full years prior to the date of application for advancement. Note: your full membership must be paid for the current membership year before CSQ will be able to process your advancement.
- Have 10 years of active professional experience, out of which up to four years may be satisfied by graduation from an accredited university, college, or other institution of higher education.
Meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Have conducted quality-related engineering, inspection or audit, or statistical work, or applied the methods and principles of quality on the job for at least two years.
- Have taught quality or related arts or sciences at an accredited institution for at least two years.
- Have been a Senior member or comparable type in a recognized professional organization.
- Currently hold a recognized quality professional certification.
Fellow Nomination Process
CSQ Fellows are nominated by one of the senior management of CSQ or by its Board of Directors.
A Fellow must first be a Senior member for at least 4 years before the nomination can be made, and the nominations are due on June 30th of each year.
Honorary Membership Application
Honorary membership is the highest grade of membership. A member can be nominated for honorary membership status by any Fellow member, senior manager of CSQ, or the Board of Directors, and must be approved unanimously by a vote of the Board of Directors.